Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Daily Meditation for March 9, 2016

From Forward Day by Day

1 Corinthians 12:4-6 Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of services, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who activates all of them in everyone.

Sometimes I find envy in myself as I think about the gifts of others. I have friends who always know just the right question to ask to bring a conversation to a deeper level. I have friends who are terrific athletes. I have friends who can focus on their work for hours on end. I have friends who are filled with patience. I have none of these gifts.

Then I remember that some of my friends have said they wished they had some of the gifts that God has given me. This leads me to wonder if maybe we’d all do well to give thanks to God for what we have been given and to celebrate God’s gifts to others also. Together, we have all the gifts we need. This is easier said than done, so perhaps this is a good challenge for these next few days of Lent.