Friday, April 1, 2016

Daily Meditation for April 1, 2016 - Friday in Easter Week

From Forward Day by Day

Acts 4:11 This Jesus is “the stone that was rejected by you, the builders; it has become the cornerstone.”

What an appropriate reading for April Fool’s day! It makes me a little wary of those things I presume to “reject” in my own life. If these religious people, and the highest government officials can come to an agreement to reject Jesus, what have I rejected that could become a cornerstone in my life?

In high school and college, I hung around artists. I admired them but rejected the possibility that I could be an artist. I continued to flirt with that rejected part of myself until a mentor helped me see art was an essential part of who I am.

I don’t have an opening scheduled at the Museum of Modern Art, but as I accept the cornerstone of art, the rest of my life has opened up. It is the cornerstone of my prayer life. It is how I speak with God and how God speaks through me.