Thursday, April 28, 2016

The Daily Meditation for April 28, 2016

From Forward Day by Day

 2 Thessalonians 1:3 We must always give thanks to God for you, brothers and sisters, because your faith is growing abundantly.

I’ve been hanging around the church just long enough to collect a good number of spiritual fathers and mothers, beginning with my biological parents and sisters and extending to other spiritual mentors. Every so often they let me know in some way that they are proud of me. Not that I’ve necessarily done what they hoped or expected I would do with my life, but they are proud to be a part of helping me to become me.

I’ve also had the greater gift, now, of being able to know and share their pride as I help others on their own journey. I am able to be a spiritual parent to others as they grow into what God has made them to be. It is a gift to be able to empower others to become the good people God has made them to be. It is also humbling to catch a glimpse of the kingdom of God coming to life, as each of us, children of God, follow our path toward God.

 
Join more than a half million readers worldwide who use Forward Day by Day as a resource for daily prayer and Bible study.