Embark on a journey through the scriptures with biblical scholar Kenny Sallee as your guide. With a Master's degree in Theology and a passion for biblical studies, Kenny offers insightful commentary, profound reflections, and enriching discussions. Whether you're a seasoned scholar or a curious seeker, this platform provides a space for deepening your understanding of the Bible and growing in faith. Join us as we explore the timeless truths of God's Word together.

Friday, April 29, 2016

The Daily Meditation for April 29, 2016

From Forward Day by Day

Leviticus 23:3b But the seventh day is a sabbath of complete rest.

Sometimes words creep into conversations that seem to come from somewhere else. Once, after a lot of travel, I told a friend, “I need to go let my soul catch up with my body.” That moment of insight comes back again and again when I am doing too much.

I am grateful that our tradition commands us to take solemn rest. It may be the most countercultural commandment. God set the model. I need the reminder and commandment to rest; otherwise I could be used up. Instead I remember, from time to time, to metaphorically let my soul catch up with my body.

 
Join more than a half million readers worldwide who use Forward Day by Day as a resource for daily prayer and Bible study.