Wednesday, November 16, 2016

The Daily Meditation for WEDNESDAY, November 16, 2016

From Forward Day By Day
Written by Richelle Thompson

James 3:16-18 (NRSV) For where there is envy and selfish ambition, there will also be disorder and wickedness of every kind. But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable…And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace for those who make peace.

The tip for the story came from me. Instead, another reporter was getting kudos for a great scoop. I was determined the editor know where the praise should be directed, and I marched into his office and told him so. While it was true that I had played an important role in the story, the aching need for due recognition became the driving force.

The other reporter promptly lit into me. And she had a deep and imaginative vocabulary honed from years of covering the police beat. I still feel the sting twenty years later.

Perhaps you have never been in this situation, and you graciously sow peace day in and day out. But if you, like me, sometimes get tangled in resentments and selfish ambition, remember these words from James, that wisdom comes from a willingness to yield and a great harvest of good fruits needs gentle soil—and less ego.

Join more than a half million readers worldwide who use Forward Day by Day as a resource for daily prayer and Bible study.

No comments:

Post a Comment