Friday, January 12, 2018

Morning Devotions with Cap'n Kenny - What's Your Story?


What's Your Story?

"Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ."
~ Romans 10:17 (NIV)

Everyone likes to hear a good story—especially a true story. And when it comes to sharing your faith, one of the most effective tools in your evangelistic toolbox is your personal testimony.

A testimony is a powerful bridge builder. It’s a way to connect with your listener so that he or she can see how you came to be who you are and why you believe what you believe. It’s a way to engage people, build a bridge, and help them see how they can come to faith as well.

Another great thing about sharing your testimony is that you can indirectly preach the gospel. You can say something like, “Before I was a Christian, my life was going nowhere. There was an emptiness in it, and I wondered what was wrong, what was missing. But one day, I went to a church service and heard the pastor say...”

Or you might say, “Someone came up to me and shared these words with me... I heard it, I believed it, and I responded to it.”

You can actually share the gospel while you are telling your own story. And when you’re done, you can say, “What do you think about that? Have you ever heard that before? Have you ever considered who Jesus is?”

What’s your story? Everyone has one. Everyone has a testimony, and every testimony is valid.

When you get down to it, every Christian’s testimony is essentially the same. We were all lost. We were all separated from God. We were all guilty and lonely and afraid to die. And we were all on our way to Hell. But Jesus Christ, in His grace, intervened in our lives and transformed us. That is your story, and it is worth telling.


Lord God of Peace, Thank you for forgiving and healing me.

Once again I entrust myself to You. Your mercy is infinitely greater than my sins, and your healing greater than my pain.

Lord, You speak to your people through the word of testimony. Your Son Jesus Christ is the Eternal Testimony of you, our Father. The apostles gave testimony to his Resurrection. Believers through the ages have testified to the power of your grace. And we your people continue that testimony today. Lord, as I share with others my experience of despair and pain, of healing and redemption, may those who hear me be blessed.

And may I, your child and your servant, grow closer to you, as I proclaim through my testimony that we have a Savior, in whom is all our hope, our joy and our life, in whom is the victory over death and the hope of Resurrection, and that his name is Jesus! Amen

In Jesus,
Cap'n Kenny


Seeking God?
Click HERE to find out more about how to have a personal
relationship with Jesus Christ.

Scripture taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Your personal testimony is a story worth telling.

No comments:

Post a Comment