Sunday, August 26, 2018

The Morning Prayer for MONDAY, August 27, 2018


Heavenly Father, I come before you this Monday morning, first thanking you for allowing me to wake up.

Thank you for allowing me to open my eyes, move my limbs, and for other parts of my body that are healthy and functioning.

Thank you for allowing my friends, family, and other loved ones to arise as well. For those whose last day on earth was yesterday, I pray that you comfort their family members and friends with the sweet peace of your presence as they grieve the loss of their loved one(s).

As I arise to begin this work-day, I invite you, God, to fill my spirit with your presence. May your divine wisdom guide me through the day. Take away any forms of fear and anxiety because those feelings are not of you, God. I ask that you give me power, wisdom, and grace throughout this day in your name, Jesus.

Give my mind the ability to function efficiently while doing my work tasks.

Give me the grace to deal with difficult co-workers and clients. Rather than be annoyed at them, help me pray for those who, in the past, have caused me distress on my job. Help me be a vessel to carry your love and grace so that they see you in me. Help me be a light to shine your glory through my work place.

Help me speak works that are clear, helpful, and purposeful. When I am unsure about what do to, may you guide me to make the right decisions. When I feel scared or tired, may you bless me with divine courage and energy. May your Holy Spirit rebuke every evil intent that is set to approach me today.

Bless my co-workers and I with your traveling mercies.

Bless our children as we drop them off at day-care, school, etc. Cover them and protect them from harm and return them safely to us.

Bless their teachers and other staff members at their schools as they are protectors of our children when we cannot be there.

Show me your purpose for me today, God, and I will do it. I will obey your instruction—even if it is scary or difficult. I want to please you and carry forth your will. Give me the courage to do so.  Everything I do is for you, God. I am your vessel. Guide me and help me make this day for your glory! In doing so, may you boldly break chains of mediocrity, fear, laziness, helplessness and confusion.

May this day be more purposeful and powerful than any other, My heart is open, and I accept your call.

In the name of Jesus, I pray.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment