Friday, September 22, 2023

The Morning Prayer for Friday, September 22, 2023

 

The Morning Prayer
Friday, September 22, 2023

He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
Psalm 103:10–12 (NIV)


Heavenly Father, as I awake to the light of a new day, my heart is filled with gratitude for Your enduring love and infinite mercy. Thank You for the sleep that has refreshed me, for the air that fills my lungs, and for the life that courses through my veins.

Your word reminds me, Lord, that You do not treat me as my sins deserve, nor repay me according to my iniquities. How incredible is this grace, O God! As I start this day, I am reminded of Your forgiveness and the freedom it brings.

I confess, Father, that I am not perfect. I make mistakes, I falter, and I stray from Your ways. Yet, You are always there to pull me back into Your loving embrace. Just as the east is from the west, so far have You removed my transgressions from me. Help me to walk in that liberty today, free from the weight of guilt and shame.

Let Your love guide me in every action and in every word I speak. May my life today reflect Your compassion to those around me. May I be forgiving as You are forgiving, and loving as You are loving.

As I go about my tasks, work, and interactions today, let me be ever mindful of Your mercy. Let that knowledge shape my attitude and fuel my efforts to be better, to love more fully, and to extend kindness and grace to others, just as You have done for me.

I look forward to this day, Lord, confident in Your love, secure in Your mercy, and inspired by Your compassion. May all that I do bring glory to Your name.

In the name of Jesus Christ, I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment