Monday, September 25, 2023

The Morning Prayer for Monday, September 25, 2023

 

The Morning Prayer
Monday, September 25, 2023

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more...And he who sat upon the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." Also he said, "Write this, for these words are trustworthy and true."
Revelation 21:1, 5 (RSV)


Heavenly Father, Creator of the heavens and the earth, I thank You for this new day that You have granted me. Just as John saw a vision of a new heaven and a new earth, I am reminded this morning of Your divine power to make all things new.

Lord, as I start this day, I pray for the renewal of my mind, body, and spirit. You who sit upon the throne have promised that You make all things new. I claim that promise for myself today. Renew my thoughts, that they may align with Your will. Renew my actions, that they may glorify Your name. Renew my emotions, that they may be anchored in Your everlasting peace.

Your Word says that these promises are "trustworthy and true." Help me, Lord, to trust in Your truths today. No matter what yesterday held—its triumphs, its failures, its sorrows—today is a new day under Your sovereignty.

As the first heaven and first earth passed away in John's vision, I ask that my old ways, my doubts, and my mistakes would pass away, too. Help me to walk in the newness of life that comes through knowing You.

Let Your kingdom come in my life today as it is in heaven, where all is made new. Grant me the strength to face whatever this day holds and the faith to see Your renewing hand in every situation.

Thank you for the hope and the assurance that one day all things will be made perfectly new in Your eternal kingdom. Until that day, let me be a vessel of Your love and renewal in the world around me.

In the powerful name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.
May this prayer provide you with comfort and inspiration as you face the day ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment