Sunday, September 24, 2023

The Morning Prayer for Sunday, September 24, 2023

 

The Morning Prayer
Sunday, September 24, 2023

Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
John 12:24–25 (NIV)


Dear Heavenly Father, as I awaken to the light of a new day, I am reminded of the profound truth spoken by Your Son, Jesus Christ: that unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains a single seed. Lord, help me to understand the depth of this sacrifice and the magnitude of this transformative power.

I pray that today, and every day, I am willing to lay down my own desires, my own ambitions, and my own life for a greater purpose—Your purpose. May I die to myself so that I can live fully in You. May I be willing to sacrifice short-lived pleasures and comforts for the joy and fulfillment that can only be found in Your eternal presence.

Lord, help me to not cling too tightly to my life in this world, for I know that anyone who loves their life will lose it. Grant me the wisdom and courage to invest my life in things eternal, to seek first Your kingdom and Your righteousness.

As I go about my day, let me be a seed that produces good fruit for Your glory. Help me to see opportunities where I can make a sacrifice, however small, to further Your kingdom and show Your love to others.

In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.
May this prayer offer a meaningful way to start your day, drawing you closer to God and aligning your heart with His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment