Monday, December 11, 2023

The Morning Prayer for Monday, December 11, 2023

 

The Morning Prayer
Monday, December 11, 2023

Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge. I say to the Lord, "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.
Psalm 16:1–2 (NIV)


Heavenly Father, who art the keeper of my soul, in the tender glow of this new morning, I come before You, seeking refuge in Your steadfast love. Protect me, O Lord, for in You I take refuge. I declare that apart from You I have no good thing. You are my Lord; my goodness extends not beyond You.

As the dawn breaks and the world awakens, I acknowledge Your sovereignty over all creation. You are the giver of joy and the sustainer of life. I pray that You guide my steps this day, that I may walk in the path of righteousness for Your name's sake.

With the psalmist, I affirm my lot has fallen in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance in You. Incline my heart to cherish Your presence more than fleeting earthly treasures. May my heart be glad, my tongue rejoice, and my body rest secure in the knowledge of Your eternal promises.

Grant me the grace to keep You ever before me. For with You at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Let the light of Your face shine upon me and fill me with the peace that surpasses all understanding.

Bless my endeavors, my interactions, and my thoughts on this day. May they be pleasing in Your sight and may they reflect the love and grace that You have lavished upon me.

In the precious name of Jesus, my Savior and my rock, I pray, Amen.
May this prayer inspire and uplift you as you start your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment