Thursday, May 2, 2024

Morning Prayer for Thursday, May 2, 2024

 

Thursday Morning Prayer
May 2, 2024
I cry to you, O LORD; I say, “You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living.”
Psalm 142:5
Heavenly Father, as I greet the dawn of this new day, I lift my heart to You in prayer. In the quiet morning hours, I echo the words of Psalm 142, acknowledging You, O Lord, as my refuge and my portion in the land of the living.

As the sun rises, casting its light upon the earth, may Your love shine upon my path, guiding my steps. In moments of uncertainty, remind me that You are my steadfast shelter, a haven where I find peace and strength.

In Your presence, I seek solace and wisdom. As I embark on the tasks of this day, may I carry the assurance of Your love and guidance. Let Your spirit dwell within me, illuminating my mind and heart, that I may reflect Your grace in all I do.

In my interactions with others, let me be an instrument of Your peace and kindness. Help me to listen with empathy, speak with gentleness, and act with compassion, mirroring Your love to those around me.

I entrust this day to You, Lord, with gratitude for the blessings You bestow. In times of joy and in moments of challenge, let me always remember that You are my refuge, my source of hope and courage.

In Your holy name, I pray. Amen.

---
May this prayer serve as a guiding light, instilling peace within you. Let it be a foundation for your day, anchoring you in faith and the steadfast promises of God.
The Bible texts are from the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) Bible, copyright © 1989, 1993 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
Click the image to read the inspiring and emotionally enriching Morning Prayer…

No comments:

Post a Comment