Thursday, March 17, 2016

His Princess Every Day - Thursday, March 17, 2016

Devotionals for Women - Inspirational author and speaker Sheri Rose Shepherd imagines what a letter written from God to you would look like.


The Bait of Anger

My warrior,

I know there is much happening in the world to get angry about. However anger is a trap set by the enemy of your soul. If you take the bait of anger you will become bitter, and nothing good is ever birthed out of bitterness. So when you feel angry, cry out to Me and confess that anger... I am the One who can handle your heart and walk you through the battlefields of rage and anger. I will teach you how to live a life free from the destruction anger brings. You can be at peace as you learn to trust Me to deal with all those who have hurt My girl.

Love,
Your King who is just
 


Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say, “I will take revenge; I will pay them back,” says the LORD. - Romans 12:19 (NLT)

A Prayer for Anger

Royal warrior! I pray that you will place your hurts and offenses in the hands of your loving Father in heaven. May you feel Him calm and comfort you as you cry out to him. I pray His presence will bring you peace. May the Holy Spirit give you kind words to say in trying situations, and may you listen to His still voice whisper “Trust me.” I pray that you will lay down whatever bitterness you might be holding onto, so you can live without that burden. It is in the Father’s hands now, and He will give justice. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Never pay back evil with more evil. Do things in such a way that everyone can see you are honorable. - Romans 12:17 (NLT)

This devotional is written by Sheri Rose Shepherd. All content copyright Sheri Rose Shepherd 2015. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.