Monday, April 11, 2016

Daily Meditation for April 11, 2016

From Forward Day by Day

Exodus 18:18 You will surely wear yourself out, both you and these people with you. For the task is too heavy for you; you cannot do it alone.

I am on a journey to learn this teaching from Exodus, and the pathway for me has been labyrinthine, not linear. An organizational system called the Collaborative Operating System has given me practical tools and a philosophy to help me learn to collaborate bit by bit. It has also set me in a community of people who have studied what it means to share heavy burdens and how to collaborate in groups.

When I use the tools I have been given, I become part of a healthy community realizing God’s kingdom in the world. When I am in a healthy place, I remember that the Spirit speaks, works, and acts through community. The multitudes of God’s blessings are available if we heed this warning in Exodus that on our own, we will only wear ourselves out. Through collaboration within and outside of the church, God’s kingdom is realized and the Spirit’s work is accomplished.