Thursday, April 7, 2016

Daily Meditation for April 7, 2016

From Forward Day by Day

John 15:12 “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.”

Agape is the love that lets us be our truest, best selves. So I have learned from the writings, teaching, and friendship of Pittman McGehee, a priest, author, Jungian analyst, and my mentor. In the ten years I’ve known him, Pittman has modeled Jesus’ commandment to love. He has empowered me to become the whole human being God created me to be. Pittman, of course, learned this agape love from Jesus who embodied that love for his disciples and whose followers have passed that love along through the generations.

My mentor is not the only one in my life to model Jesus’ commandment to love as he loved, but Pittman has helped me understand and live that love in my own life. As I continue to receive agape love, each day I seek to let others be. I try to live agape love so that others may become the amazing children of God they have been designed to be. I am grateful for mentors, family, and friends who have embodied that love for me, so that I can know and follow Jesus’ commandment to love as he has loved us.