Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Chocolate For Your Soul with Sheri Rose Shepherd - In the Arms of Your Savior

by Sheri Rose Shepherd
Come to me all who are weary and carry heavy burdens and I will give you rest. — Matthew 11:28

 
I  don’t know what you carry or who or what burdens you, but I do know your Daddy in heaven is lovingly waiting for you to give them to him.

Even after I became a Christian, I did not know how to process the problems and pain this life brings. Somehow, I thought that following Jesus would eliminate all my pain . So whenever I experienced emotions that did not feel good, I ignored them. I thought if I kept my feelings covered up, they would go away. I handled my heart the same way I did before I was a Christian. I put my life in fast-forward by setting more goals and filling my schedule with excessive busyness. I did this so I would not have to feel or deal with anything emotionally difficult.

In theory, that sounds like it might work, but in real life it causes emotional meltdowns. At one point of my life, I had buried so much of my emotional pain that every part of my body was hurting. I had panic attacks, crying spells, loss of memory, and chronic depression. When I had no more strength or desire to run any longer, I finally found freedom and powerful peace. I learned to run to God and cry out to my Daddy in heaven. I don’t know where your heart is at this moment, but I do know how to lead you to your Father in heaven, in whose presence healing begins and you can breathe again.

Let’s do the following three things today: 

1. Pray and ask God to show you the areas of your life that you are holding back from Him.
2. Write a list of the heavy things you carry and you want to give your heavenly Father.
3. Be still after you do the above and allow Him to show you that He is the god of comfort and is strong enough to carry anything that concerns his chosen child… You! 

God's Letter to You 

I believe if The Lord was going to write you a personal letter about battles this life brings it may read like this.... 

Beloved Child,

When you are too weak to run the race, allow me to carry you.
I know how tired you often become, running everywhere except to Me. If you want to win this endurance race, you must let go of living your life without Me to guide you. You’ll find that My grace will lighten your step, and My favor will follow you when you draw close to Me. No one can comfort you like I can. In those times when you will stumble and fall while you run to Me, I will pick you up. I will do this as many times as it takes, and I never grow tired of picking up, My beloved. Make it your daily passion to run to Me and with Me, and I will carry you over the finish line of your faith. Together we will win! 

Love,
Your Heavenly Daddy

Treasure of Truth
Remember that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize. You also must run in such a way that you will win. — 1 Corinthians 9:24