Thursday, July 28, 2016

The Forward Day by Day Meditation for July 28, 2016

From Forward Day By Day

Matthew 27:62-64 The next day, that is, after the day of Preparation, the chief priests and the Pharisees gathered before Pilate and said, “Sir, we remember what that impostor said while he was still alive, ‘After three days I will rise again.’ Therefore command the tomb to be made secure until the third day; otherwise his disciples may go and steal him away, and tell the people, ‘He has been raised from the dead,’ and the last deception would be worse than the first.”

I worked my way through college as a bank teller. During my first training class, when the topic of counterfeit money came up, our instructor showed us pictures, but we never actually worked with any.

“You work with real money, so you learn the feel of real money,” she explained to us. “Then, if you come across a counterfeit bill, you’ll feel the difference.”

After a few months of working in a cash box, I was so familiar with the feel of money, that when I came across my first counterfeit bill, my fingertips made the initial discovery.

When we make the real thing our business, we don’t have to worry about sealing ourselves off from counterfeits. We will recognize them—and be able to avoid them.

 
 Join more than a half million readers worldwide who use Forward Day by Day as a resource for daily prayer and Bible study

No comments:

Post a Comment