Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Chocolate For Your Soul - Eliminate Approval Addiction

by Sheri Rose Shepherd
Click on the image below to watch this week's video devotional.



We all want approval, but why exhaust ourselves performing for a world that does not want to praise us? Let’s choose to live for God’s approval and free ourselves from others controlling our confidence.

What I discovered is that losing weight, buying new clothes, and winning a beauty title were not enough to make me feel good about myself. Somehow it didn’t feel the way I dreamed it would. As a matter of fact, I began to live for the words of praise about my new look. It felt good when I was getting attention, but I could never seem to get enough (kind of like chocolate). I became obsessed with doing whatever I had to do to get one more compliment. No amount of praise could eliminate my approval addiction.

Now I know I am talking about high school, but what about when we become adult women? Is there a magical age at which we feel free from needing the approval of others? I have seen very few women of God who do not fight daily for the approval of others. Maybe we’re not as obvious about our approval addiction as we were in high school, but we do some crazy things as adult women to find our worth. If you think about it, it is the approval of man that keeps us from living for God—the one who pre-approved us even before we were born. We need only to look to our Maker for acceptance.

God's Letter to You
My Beloved Daughter,

Today I am asking you to search your heart and ask this question: Whose approval do you seek? Are you living your life for the approval and praise of people, or of Me? I want to save you from exhausting yourself by performing for a world that does not want to praise you. I designed you to desire Me and Me alone. When you choose to live for Me; you will never again be thirsty for attention, because you will be hydrated in My love and adoration for you. Now let Me ask you again, My beloved daughter: Whose praise do you seek?

Love
Your God Who Adores You

A Prayer to Live for God’s Approval
 
Princess Warrior! I pray that you will find the thrill of knowing your Father in Heaven adores you and loves to shower you with praise. I pray you will be forever free from the bondage of the praise of people. May your empty cup be filled up daily with God’s love. May you be able to pour out His love on others because you are full. May you never forget how much the Lord loves you and how precious you are to Him. May you be forever free from the opinion of other’s and look to your Heavenly Father for His approval. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.


For more about Sheri Rose's ministry, visit HisPrincess.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment