Tuesday, December 12, 2023

The Morning Prayer for Tuesday, December 12, 2023

 

The Morning Prayer
Tuesday, December 12, 2023

He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.
John 1:11–12 (NIV)


Heavenly Father, in the quiet of this morning, I come before You with a heart open to Your word, inspired by the message of John, Your faithful servant. You remind us through his witness that "He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God."

Lord, I thank You for the gift of this new day, for the breath in my lungs, for the light that overcomes the darkness. As the sun rises and dispels the night, let the Light of the World shine in my heart, illuminating the hidden places and warming the cold chambers of doubt and fear.

I acknowledge, O God, that in my humanity, I often wander and resist Your loving call. Forgive me for the times I have not recognized You in the breaking of bread, in the face of a neighbor, in the stirrings of my soul. In Your boundless grace, You have not turned me away; instead, You offer me the profound privilege to become Your child.

This morning, I recommit to receiving You anew. I believe in the name of Jesus, the one true Light. Grant me the courage to live as a child of the light, to bear witness to Your truth, and to walk steadfastly in the way of love. May Your Holy Spirit guide me in faith, anchor me in hope, and lead me in Your everlasting peace.

Lord, let Your will be done in my life. Help me to serve Your purpose, to embrace Your wisdom, and to reflect Your love to others. With a grateful heart, I receive Your blessings and Your calling, praying that I may be a vessel for Your glory this day and always.

In the precious name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.
I hope this prayer resonates with you and aids you in your spiritual journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment